Looking for something? Start here.
Custom Search


Want The Unnecesarean in your inbox? Enter your email address:



« Iatrogenic Shoulder Dystocia? | Hey Women, Behave or Your Babies Will Be Less Intelligent! »

It's Time for a Proper Blogroll

I apologize in advance if Kathy and I break the Internet. She and I are ideological opposites at first glance but share a strong desire for institutional reform and the continued advancement of midwifery. All of our circuitous linking and my compulsive desire to comment on almost every entry of hers might cause the Internet to spiral with enough centrifugal force to create a wormhole that opens up into a different time in which the resources are available for women to receive continuous care when laboring in all institutions, midwives handle the majority of pregnancies and evidence-based practice in the norm instead of the--- okay, so this destination sounds pretty good.

Nevertheless, I also find myself reading blogs like Mom’s Tinfoil Hat (inventor of Mommy Wars Bingo), Tienchin Ho, who briefly mentioned the power of unrecorded conversations between providers and patients this week, and At Your Cervix. And Rebirth. And Citizens for Midwifery. And about 100 others. Maybe 200. I refuse to count because I know it’s time to sift through Google Reader and create a blogroll. Wonder if I’m reading your blog? I probably am.

I highly recommend Mommy Wars Bingo. Anyone who has spent any amount of time discussing birth rhetoric on the Internet will enjoying playing along.




PrintView Printer Friendly Version

EmailEmail Article to Friend

References (1)

References allow you to track sources for this article, as well as articles that were written in response to this article.
  • Response
    Response: blog hosting
    blog hosting [url=http://wordpress.com]blog hosting[/url] blog hosting [url= http://wordpress.com ] blog hosting [/url]

Reader Comments (3)

The Mommy Wars Bingo is the funniest thing ever! I'm so guilty (of a few of those).

January 14, 2009 | Unregistered Commenterlara

I read your site, but have never commented here. I'm trying to make a conscious effort to comment more on blogs I only ever read through Google Reader, so here I am. And not that it's what you want to hear, but if you click on "Trends" in your Google Reader, it'll tell you how many subscriptions you have (along with how many items you've read in the last 30 days, which sites you read most, etc), hehe.

January 21, 2009 | Unregistered CommenterJessi

I have never used Trends before. I was amazed to see that some blogs that I thought I read everyday were listed at 21%. Woman to Woman Childbirth Education (Kathy's blog) was 95%... now I want to go find the other 5% that I have apparently missed!

Thanks for the tip. .

January 22, 2009 | Registered CommenterJill
This blog is all done!
Thanks for wanting to comment. This is an archive of a blog that once was. Take care! Jill