Please pass on the following information from new ICAN President Desirre Andrews about the upcoming ICAN webinar by word of mouth, e-mails, message boards, Facebookery and such.
In our continued effort to prevent unnecessary cesareans through education, ICAN launched a new online webinar last month featuring our very own ICAN Birth Class: Cesarean Prevention. A webinar (short for “web seminar”) allows many participants in multiple locations to see and hear a presentation from their own desks, and is a great format for spreading ICAN’s message. Our first webinar was such a huge success that we are planning future webinars to come, with the first on Monday, July 27 at 9:00 pm EDT.
First-timers and experienced moms both can benefit from this webinar to find out ways to increase the chances of having an easier and safe birth.
Presenting the ICAN webinar is Claudia Villeneueve, President of ICAN Canada, ICAN’s former Education Director, and a birth doula and childbirth educator.
This 2-hour online session will cover:
* Different kinds of care providers, and the pros and cons of each
* How to empower yourself to make educated choices during pregnancy and during labor
* What factors contribute to the chances of having an unnecessary or preventable cesarean
* What is the “downward spiral of intervention”
* Why avoiding an unnecessary cesarean is safest for mom and baby
* When cesareans are truly necessary
$20 donation goes directly to support ICAN’s mission.
For more information, please visit http://ican-online.org/none/ican-birth-class-cesarean-prevention
To register, go to https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/982351571
ICAN has a Facebook group that you can join today!